My Oz....

This is where Wonderland and the land of Oz meet and play and create! Come join in the fun!

Sunday, January 26, 2020

They Don't Dance Like Carmen No More

This stamp of Carmen Miranda by Carmen's Veranda has always been a favorite of mine.  I love the song by Jimmy Buffett about Carmen.  I was reading a bit about her online and discovered she died at the age of 46.  She was such a vibrant personality; she packed a lot of work into her short life!  So here is my tribute to Carmen!
I colored her with Prisma colored pencils and fussy cut...making sure to not lob off one of her fingers!  I used an embossing folder on a piece of canvas paper that I had painted blue and sprayed with some shimmer sprays.  I used some white embossing powder to bring out the details of the embossing folder.  I glued Carmen down and added some little yellow gems to the corner.  I used some stickles to highlight her jewelry and costume.  I stamped the sentiment and embossed with black on a piece of my painted canvas paper.  I glued the layer to the same green paper and left everything with distressed edges.
I am entering this into the Lost Coast Designs Portal to Creativity Challenge "Walk of Fame"

Through the Purple Haze January Challenge  Anything Goes
The Southern Girls Challenge Anything Goes with Team Lou

6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Nan. Carmen is obviously very happy to be out and about. The background is awesome and the colours you used are fab. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS card!
    LOVE your dancing Carmen, LOVE your textured background too!
    Thank You for joining our Anything Goes challenge at the Southern Girls Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete