My Oz....

This is where Wonderland and the land of Oz meet and play and create! Come join in the fun!

Monday, January 27, 2020

One More Time at SUYP Challenge!

I was moving my stamps downstairs when this little kitty stamp by Viva Las VegaStamps fell on the floor.  I have never used it before and I knew I had to enter him at Ike's Show Us Your Pussycats Challenge this month.  Then the search began for a sentiment and once again I stumbled upon the Krispy Kreme stamp also by Viva Las VegaStamps.  First, I must explain that I LOVE Krispy Kreme doughnuts and there are none closer than hour to me.  So I often dream of them 😼!  I transferred my love of them to the kitty and he does look like he is wistfully thinking of them.
I taped the watercolor paper down with masking tape for a crisp, white border and it actually came out perfect when it dried and I removed the tape. I used Koi Sakura watercolors. Instead of leaving it alone!.....I inked the edge with Distress Ink which I promptly smeared and lost my border :(   I colored him up with Prisma colored pencils after I painted around the image!  AJ inspired me to try it and I only had one uh oh!  I attached the image panel to some canvas paper that I painted in almost ATC size, each a different color from my acrylic paint palette.  I also inked the edges of it and was not happy with the result but a couple pieces of washi tape from a Daiso store in Japan made me a little bit happier!   The lovely doughnut store logo was stamped on another scrap of canvas paper.
I am entering this into Ike's SUYP Challenge for January. 😸

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that is so cute. I love the sweet kitty in his cat tree and your colours are fab. I've never had a Krispy Kreme :-)
    Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.
    Hugs
    IKE =^..^=

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I wish I could send you some! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete