My Oz....

This is where Wonderland and the land of Oz meet and play and create! Come join in the fun!

Thursday, January 16, 2020

Dreaming of Snow with Oddleight Elf

Baby, it's hot outside!  It is humid and just plain uncomfortable calling for shorts that are at the bottom of the closet!  So with that feeling I decided to create some cold air and perhaps a  few snowflakes!  Oddleigh Elf with Snowflakes digital art stamp by LeighSBDesigns was just the image to print out and color up and use on my small mixed media canvas!
I got all painty and messy with a mixed media small canvas  and the following supplies:
Canvas paper from leftover palette acrylic colors
Prismacolor pencils
Rectangle die 
Utee powder
Clear stamp pad
"S" stamp from stash
Gesso
Liquitex rough texture paste
Pink seed beads
White acrylic paint
Bubble wrap scrap
White paint pen
Glue
Coloring up this little elf and her snowflakes was such a pleasure!  Thanks to Alyce at Kit and Clowder for her Monthly Coloring classes!  I am just now catching up on a lot of pencil classes and practicing was fun!  I die cut her with the rectangle die and got on with the messy part!  The background canvas paper has been laying around in a drawer with a lovely shade of purple from a leftover palette thrown on it.  Next was a paper from my stash that I used texture paste on through the waste paper of a Holt's die cut from ages ago.  I save way too much!  When that was dry I finger painted white acrylic paint and gesso on the paper and the texture. The snowflakes were embossed with Utee powder after fussy cutting as best I could.  My eyesight is not very clear so I guessed as the smaller details.  Embossing first did help on the tiny snowflake.  I glued the image on top and added some tiny pink seed beads. Still needed something so a "S" from my stamp stash with some of the purple tones was added to stand for "snow" of course!  I put a touch of the white paint pen on the eye highlights and touched up the snowflakes a bit before drawing some snowflakes and lines around the canvas paper.
I am entering the following challenges:

11 comments:

  1. Lovely card. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fabulous. Great colouring and I love all the texture on this piece :-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge.
    Dawn DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, thanks for sharing the process too.
    Thanks for joining the AYL challenge - good luck!
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, really like the textures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is wonderful.
    Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete