My Oz....

This is where Wonderland and the land of Oz meet and play and create! Come join in the fun!

Friday, September 30, 2022

LeighSBDesigns Challenge #10 Too Cute to Spook!

The excitement begins, the tingle starts up the spine and you walk into the living room and find this!!  You know it is that most wonderful time of the year....Halloween!   Imagine my surprise when I looked up and there was my lovely doll and a spider from Minecraft with a skelly on his back πŸ’€and they are enjoying a Korean dolgona coffee from the Furness Forest!  Well, it happened and after my initial squeal of fright I began dancing around the house shouting "Halloween" πŸ‘»  I was so glad this event occurred on the very first day of the brand new Challenge #10 Too Cute to Spook at LeighSBDesigns!  To prove my story, photographic evidence!

Note:  I am about to dispel some of the mystery around this magical happening!  Leigh has some faBOOlous apothecary labels in her new Halloween collection "Shadows Rising" and Set 2 of the Furness Forest Apothecary Labels has this spooktastic Potions label plus 5 more equally creepy labels!  That's all I am saying on this whole amazing matter!  My only question was where is my dolgona?  You guessed it....they forgot!  Well I guess it was trick for me with no treat!  Here's a close up of the awesome apothecary label!
I printed the label on kraft cardstock, fussy cut and inked with Distress Ink.  So easy and so fun to let my imagination run wild for bit!  The wonderful moons are part of the  "Once Upon a Nightmare" Halloween 2021 Collection by LeighSBDesigns!  The mysterious shadow faerie at the bottom leads to this year's collections so visit LeighSBDesigns and get your spook on!
For your treat today I will share the secret of how to make this lovely dolgona coffee!  Take three tablespoons of instant coffee, three tablespoons of sugar and three tablespoons of hot water.  The YouTube viral video said to beat with a whisk for four minutes.  I soon learned a hand mixer accomplishes the delicious foamy mixture a lot faster and easier!  Fill glass with ice, pour cold milk over the ice then dollop the coffee mixture on top and watch the magic happen!  I cheated a bit and added a scoop of ice cream (not healthy nor is the extra sugar I add when not using the ice cream!) to pop the top up a bit to show in the top of the cup.  Delicious!  Come play along at LeighSBDesigns Challenge #10 Too Cute to Spook!
There is also a brand new challenge hosted by Cat where you can celebrate the fun times 365 days a year!  The launch for the Most Magical Time of the Year Challenge starts tomorrow so show your support and have a play and LeighSBDesigns is hosting the first challenge!

  And I am a cryptkeeper at The Count Down to Halloween Blog this year, too!










6 comments:

  1. Love the vintage Apothecary label=wow that coffee sounds lethal lol
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spooktacular story Nan! Love how you have used the label and added the little Minecraft with your fab doll!!! πŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, I love the story and can totally picture first the horror and then the dance of delight! Love everything! Thanks for using my digi stamps and for playing in our Too Cute To Spook Challenge this month.
    Happy Halloween!
    Leigh
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    https://www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
    https://www.LeighSBDesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous make!

    Most Magical Time of the Year Challenges is all about celebrating 365 days of Halloween and Christmas:
    https://mostmagicaltimeoftheyear.blogspot.com
    Crazy for Cats Challenges is all about the kitty cats:
    https://crazyforcatschallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete