My Oz....

This is where Wonderland and the land of Oz meet and play and create! Come join in the fun!

Sunday, September 4, 2022

Sunday Songs and Rhymes We're Going to Be Friends!

It's my turn to host The Outlawz Sunday Songs and Rhymes and we are going to be using a song by The White Stripes!  I watched some documentary type shows about this group with Noah and while a lot of their music wasn't my type this one song replayed in my head for weeks!  I bought the children's book when I found it to add to the family's music room!  The song is "We're Going to be Friends".

Fall is here, hear the yell
Back to school, ring the bell
Brand new shoes, walking blues
Climb the fence, books and pens

I can tell that we are going to be friends
I can tell that we are going to be friends


[Verse 2]
Walk with me, Suzy Lee
Through the park and by the tree
We will rest upon the ground
And look at all the bugs we found
Safely walk to school without a sound

Safely walk to school without a sound
By: The White Stripes

That is the first two verses; it goes on a bit but you can look it up or the whole thing will probably be on the challenge blog!  Our sponsor is the wonderful and amazing Gecko Galz!  I am addicted to their products!  I love having the option to work digitally when my back is acting up or things or going crazy around here like new roof and fixing wet, yucky ceilings like now!  These products are also fabulous to print out and work with physically!  I went with a digital project made in Procreate on my iPad.

I used elements from the "School Days Digital Collage Set" and using the blackboard added some colorized items and wrote the sentiment in Chalkduster font.  I really love it!  The little boy and girl going to school are definitely going to be friends!  I hope you join us at The Outlawz Sunday Songs and Rhymes Challenge on the new blog!  It is easy peasey to add your projects and the folks at The Outlawz worked really hard to bring the challenges to blog format!  Check us out!  Make sure you tell us in your blog what inspired you from the song!  My inspiration was literally the title of the song!




No comments:

Post a Comment