My Oz....

This is where Wonderland and the land of Oz meet and play and create! Come join in the fun!

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

March Ike’s World Challenges #154

March is here but what happened to December???  Onwards and upwards we go anyway with Ike’s World Challenges #154 Anything Goes with an Option of Tic-Tac-Toe!

I was really going to follow the tic-tac-toe board until I rediscovered the ultra wonderful Tortoise image by our fabulous Ike’s Art!  I so admire those who can color animals realistically with markers or pencils but sadly I am not one of them!  But my mind was a blur with the idea of using acrylics to paint this guy and I did!  I just printed him on plain cardstock because my printer refused to print on anything else!  This presented some problems with buckling after the acrylics and then watercolors were added for the background.  I did give the back of the paper a good ironing to reduce some of the buckles.  Google has so many different images of all the different kinds of tortoises and I kinda picked colors and patterns from a bunch of photos with the addition of the colors the tortoises around here have.  They are called gopher turtles down here.  I added a watercolor background with my version of a bush/tree so he would have a ready food source.

I added some line work with thin line markers.  The papers were from a pack I grabbed when Michael’s had a good sale.  I hope you will come play along with us at Ike’s World Challenges this month!  All the details and linky party are HERE!


Visit Ike’s Art HERE!



3 comments:

  1. That is really amazing. Your colouring is gorgeous and he looks so real.
    They have wild Tortoises on our neighbour island of Kos. :-D
    Thank you very much for making this for me at IKEsWORLD Challenges.
    Hugz
    IKE xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! So this guy has distant cousins in Greece! :)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous tortoise! And great coloring!

    ReplyDelete