My Oz....

This is where Wonderland and the land of Oz meet and play and create! Come join in the fun!

Saturday, August 28, 2021

August 28 Steampunk Serengeti Blog Hop and Hurricane Ida

 We are in the track of Hurricane Ida today sixteen years after Katrina destroyed so much of our area.  We are not evacuating because of the horse and the rest of our zoo.  Frankly I would love to be heading away from this one but things just won't allow it.  Flooding is not an issue for us just the wind.  My house is surrounded by trees that I practically chained myself to them to keep my husband from clearing the whole two acres!  Note to self: maybe not so good an idea?  So I have done really all I can do to get ready now it is just sit and wait time.  I am baking a ton of biscuits and tea cakes cause I get the munchies when I am stressed!  While stuff is in the oven I wanted to post this one from yesterday.

I framed it up just to see how the pair could go together.
I am entranced with the way the font of the sentiment from Leigh's Grunge Essential Sentiments Steampunk Serengeti Digi Stamp Set works with the gorgeous watercolor gazelle from Gecko Galz 's Safari Jewels It Collection!  I think a large framed set of the gazelle and giraffe will look amazing! Stay safe out there and I hope to be able to join you all after this broohaha is over.  I am linking this at the Steampunk Serengeti Blog Hop hosted by LeighSBDesigns!  All the details and linky party are HERE!


4 comments:

  1. I keep looking at the Gecko Galz set...
    Thinking of you Nan in the track of Ida...
    Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about you today when looking at the info on Ida, stay safe, take care! Love how you framed the Giraffe!

    Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous piece today, love the Springbok combined with my senti! I've been watching Ida closely and keeping you in my thoughts Nan, I sure hope you and your family and the whole zoo have made it through unscathed and hope none of those precious trees decided to land on your house! I won't rest until I know you're okay...sending many big hugs!!!!

    Thanks for using my design and playing in LeighSBDesigns Steampunk Serengeti Blog Hop!
    Stay Crafty and Safe!
    Leigh
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    https://www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
    https://www.LeighSBDesigns.com

    ReplyDelete