My Oz....

This is where Wonderland and the land of Oz meet and play and create! Come join in the fun!

Friday, September 3, 2021

Sept. 3rd Steampunk Serengeti Blog Hop with LeighSBDesigns!

 It seems that my bounce back time after dealing with stressful events has tripled (at the very least!) and I have found myself slowly, slowly getting back in the swing of things after Hurricane Ida!  We lost lots of tree branches but no actual trees on our land.  My sweet horse has bounced back quickly after being in a daze at 6:15 am when I could safely get out to check on her on Monday.  She is eating well again and happy :)  We lost power totally around 11:30 Sunday night after being put in the more dangerous northeast quadrant of the storm after it turned and headed straight north after making landfall.  We experienced hurricane and tropical storm force winds from early evening until about 5:45 am Monday.  The zoo is doing great but we have had some thunder since the storm and the pups go crazy until I settle them down!  The power was restored on Tuesday afternoon and we vegged out in the a/c the rest of the day!  Please keep Louisiana in your thoughts as the destruction where Ida made landfall and went over is heartbreaking!  Electricity may be weeks getting restored for many parts.  That is the end of my coverage of  Ida!  So here is a quick ATC using that freebie paper and images from a magazine! 

I really wanted to get a zebra make in and this one is such a cutie!  I stamped the trees, arrows and bird from a set by place & time with Distress Inks and inked the edges of the card.  I couldn't help thinking as I glued the mouse on about the "Two wild and crazy guys!" phrase cause these two look like the best of friends!  This is going to the Steampunk Serengeti Blog Hop presented by LeighSBDesigns!  All the deets and linky party are HERE!  We have one more day left!



5 comments:

  1. Love your ATC Nan, theses little guys are so cute!

    So pleased you are safe after Ida hit!

    Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cute card. I am so sorry to hear about your frightening experience and that you and your animals have come through it. I know for some it has been simply heartbreaking and I pray they get the aid they need to rebuild. I find thunder and lightning scary in the UK, I don’t know how I would have handled it over there.

    I am sure you have seen that the hop has been extended again! Time for another Zebra?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this today and thought of you, it is alright to use.
    https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Zebra_with_young_painting.jpg
    Let me know if you have difficulties

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great images! I think I need to do a zebra...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so relieved you're all okay...I monitored the storm in real time and kept everyone in my thoughts and prayers! I decided to extend the hop for you and for me too coz I'm neck deep in preparing for the Halloween release ;0) Your ATC is absolutely adorable! Thanks for playing in LeighSBDesigns Steampunk Serengeti Blog Hop!
    Stay Crafty and Safe!
    Leigh
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    https://www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
    https://www.LeighSBDesigns.com

    ReplyDelete