My Oz....

This is where Wonderland and the land of Oz meet and play and create! Come join in the fun!

Monday, August 16, 2021

August 16th Steampunk Serengeti Blog Hop!

 I wanted to make a steampunk luminary with the Cricut and I don't know my way around Design Space to create one.  Jennifer Maker has a Christmas Tree Luminary Set that made it not so hard for me to do!  I used the plain frame in PDF and cut that out with scissors.  I printed Leigh's Steampunk Serengeti Rectangle Collage Lace Cutz large enough on patterned paper to be able to put them on copy paper and use for each window.  I used copy paper because vellum in one of those things I never ever think of to buy when ordering craft goodies!  All the items from the Steampunk Serengeti Collection are just a joy to work with....I am a tad obsessed!


 Believe it or not the top pic is with the lights on and the bottom with them off.  Somehow I managed to make them look exactly alike!

To embellish the front,  I cut the gears from the Gears and Leaves Steampunk Elements Cutz Set and sprayed with Distress Oxide Ink Sprays (wilted violet and spiced marmalade) then layered in a cluster.  I inked the  tree frame with Distress Ink (pink lipstick) then I sprayed it with Distress Oxide Spray (picked raspberry).  Another one done and dusted for the Steampunk Serengeti Blog Hop hosted by LeighSBDesigns!  All the details and linky party are HERE!



7 comments:

  1. Awesome Nan, love how you created your luminary and added the gears to the front. You beat me to it as I have triangle dies I was going to use to make a frame!

    Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yours will be stunning, Val! I will learn how to do it properly which will be nice! :)

      Delete
  2. This is fabulous Nan - now do I have to make a luminary?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I will look forward to seeing yours, Susan! Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Fabulous project! Is there a light inside?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is for a tea light to fit in the bottom but the only tea lights I had were just barely flickering so I put a half a string of fairy lights in it. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Oooooo Aaaaahhhhhh this is gorgeous Nan...you know how much I love luminaries ;0) Love how you used my Steampunk Serengeti Collage Lace Cutz for the panels and the Gears embellishments are rusty perfection!
    Thanks for playing along in LeighSBDesigns Steampunk Serengeti Blog Hop!
    Stay Crafty and Safe!
    Leigh
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    https://www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
    https://www.LeighSBDesigns.com

    ReplyDelete