My Oz....

This is where Wonderland and the land of Oz meet and play and create! Come join in the fun!

Friday, January 5, 2024

February Festive Fridays at The Outlawz Challenges!

 `Our themes to choose from this time at The Outlawz Festive Fridays are:

Christmas, Love is in the Air, Fun in the Snow and Something New! 

I love Christmas year round so of course I am not tired of Christmas the first week of January!  After a November visit to Japan back in 2016 I discovered a brand new Christmas tradition for my family!  Christmas Cakes start appearing in late November in Japan and are a kinda shortcake layers with delicious cream icing in top and in between the layers with gorgeous red strawberries as big as a plums sliced and layered.  The top is decorated with whole strawberries and often a Santa pick decoration!  In Japan they taste so good and mine, well, not nearly as good but kinda tasty!  

I found this delightful pack with images of desserts and pretty papers that were free from Cardmaking and Paper Crafting magazine (when I tried to link these I kept getting that the site was not there but they do still have a site that has some free images and papers)  So with some Procreate magic I added my Merry Christmas sentiment to the cake and layered the image on to two of the papers then added the Christmas in Japan sentie to finish it.  I am still working on my digital scrapbook of our trips to Japan and this will work perfectly with photos of me and Noah stuffing our faces with delicious treats and this type of cake (more than once or twice!).  So pick the theme you want to create around and come see us at The Outlawz Festive Fridays Challenge for January!




1 comment:

  1. That cake looks delicious and so does your description too!

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete