My Oz....

This is where Wonderland and the land of Oz meet and play and create! Come join in the fun!

Thursday, January 19, 2023

8th Annual Edgar Allan Poe Blog Hop presented by LeighSBDesigns!

 Master Poe's birthdays are rolling around as fast as mine seem to these past few years and it is here for 2023!  Each year we join Leigh in celebrating Edgar Allan Poe's birthday with an epic blog hop!  Leigh just released a brand new Poe Collection and I was so happy to work with one of the designs today!

Sometimes I see something and an idea goes off in my old head and this was the results of that whole probably hilarious process happening!  I used the wonderful new design Conspiracy of Ravens (comes with 2 senties) and one of the sentiments and some rice paper bought long ago!  I wanted this page to look like something you might find in an attic that someone had saved and maybe mapped bits of articles together following a case from years ago!  Printing on the rice paper gave an old newspaper feel to the image and senti I thought.  I inked the background rice paper and bits from an old dictionary which I grabbed two wonderful word sets: barbed wire and coldblooded which the latter is covered by my awesome new desk paperweight!  Noah gave the paperweight to me and besides totally loving it I realized he does listen to my favorite repeat subjects it seems!   Check out the new Poe 2023 Collection by LeighSBDesigns!  It is awesome!  I am entering this at the 8th Annual Edgar Allan Poe Blog Hop presented by LeighSBDesigns!





4 comments:

  1. I love the vintage look of your page! And fantastic paperweight too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your murder of crows. I have the image but I don't think I will be able to print it before the 23rd...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Day 1 of Edgar Allan Poe's Hop in celebration of his birthday today and you made a POE-tastic tribute to our Master of Macabre with your gorgeous vintage page! So delighted to see my new Conspiracy of Ravens so beautifully used, thank you!!! Oooo your paperweight is divine!
    Happy Creating!
    Leigh
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    https://www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
    https://www.LeighSBDesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome creation Nan, love it ❤️ and fab paperweight

    ReplyDelete