My Oz....

This is where Wonderland and the land of Oz meet and play and create! Come join in the fun!

Sunday, February 13, 2022

Feb. 13th Gothic Valentine Blog Hop with LeighSBDesigns!

 Today is the beginning of the Gothic Valentine Blog Hop presented by LeighSBDesigns! I missed the majority of the Poe Appreciation Blog Hop in January so I had to embrace the truly gothic romances of Edgar Allan Poe this month!  And what a great time it was for me!

Leigh released some awesome SVG/Cutz  Poe designs for 2022 including this totally amazing Poe Book!  I used Tangled Raven on watercolor paper and Arteza watercolors for the front.  The book is made with black cardstock, bug cardstock, bug acetate on light purple cardstock for the pages on the right side and glitter cardstock.  

On the inside front page I just copied a verse of a poem about Poe’s love for Elizabeth right from my big book of Poe’s collections.  I wanted an old paper look so I didn’t edit anything out and inked the edges with Distress Ink.  The bug printed acetate is layered over the light purple cardstock on the pages with the glitter letters.  To go with “From An Album” I put together three of Ike’s Art’s fantastic Poe images in Procreate and colored them there, too.  I used Arch Scene Poe, Free Poe Raven Paper and Candle Poe by Ike’s Art.  I procrastinated over taking the photos and ended up per usual rushing and not having my lights set up so here’s hoping I can get one of the smarty pants kids to help me get some decent photos tomorrow!  The next page and back tomorrow!  So here this goes to the Gothic Valentine Blog Hop presented by LeighSBDesigns and all the details are HERE!




3 comments:

  1. Poefect pages for a Gothic Valentine Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Poe Book Nan, love the purple sparkle!
    Thanks for joining in our challenge!

    Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Valentine's Day! POETASTIC POE BOOK and POEfect for our Gothic Valentine Blog Hop, I'm loving the purple and black colour palette and images you've used so far, can't wait to see more! Thanks for using my designs and playing in LeighSBDesigns Gothic Valentine Blog Hop!
    Leigh
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    https://www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
    https://www.LeighSBDesigns.com

    ReplyDelete