My Oz....

This is where Wonderland and the land of Oz meet and play and create! Come join in the fun!

Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Mermaids Letter Page Circle Book for MerMay at LeighSBDesigns!

What a totally fabtastic time I had creating this wonderful Mermaids Letter Page Circle Book Make a Book SVG Cutz Set by LeighSBDesigns!  I wanted to do a cool effect to show each page but alas I couldn't pull it off but it still looks amazing to me!

Mermaid Scales Layered Circle SVG Cutz File on top of the "M" page with Coral Balleigh MerMonster with senti from FantaSea Senties!  Everything is colored with Copics, Distress Inks, acrylics and watercolors.
Anubus DogFish FantaSea Pet and Bastet the CatFish FantaSea Pet with sentis from FantaSea Senties Set!

Meri Oddleigh Mermaid with Fish and Starfish Friends and senti from FantaSeaScape Set!
Neptune Balleigh MerMonster with Shrimp Friend? 😁 and senties!
Poseidon Balleigh MerMonster and senti with a senti from FantaSea Senties!
Friends from Meri Oddleigh Mermaid and Friends with senties from FastaSea Senties Set!
Senti from Meri Oddleigh and Friends Set on Mermaid Scales Layered Circle SVG Cuts (Mermaid Circle Book Add On) added to back page of book!

Whew!  I hope my spelling is not too wacky as I get this added tonight!  I fussy cut the images and added shimmer watercolors for some of the water lines adding white acrylic paint mixed with interference paint for waves and foam and bits of froth!  That also was added to bubbles and eyes!  I used lots of Distress Inks to ink all edges of the book, scales, sentiments and images!  I also added some gold acrylic dots for the Egyptian pages and some of the other pages.   I made my own also wacky book binding that would allow for expansion as I added lots of foam dots to pop things up!  It worked basically but Susan and Leigh could have given me some better ways!  They are the pros at book bindings! Some of the  pages I have just added  the images and sentiments on and will be adding more bits and bobbles to them later!  I will show them to prove I did them!  This was such an absorbing and interesting book to decorate and I loved every minute of it!  Leigh's SVG files cut beautifully and my Cricut only acted up on the pink scales of the add on Mermaid Scales Layered SVG Cutz and it was all due to my Cricut being haunted at times!👻 Which is a lovely line on which to mention today is the first day of the Something Wicked This Way Comes Half-O-Ween Blog Hop presented by LeighSBDesigns!  Check it out HERE!  My new highly treasured book goes to the MerMay Challenge #5 at LeighSBDesigns!  All the details and linky party are HERE!






 

3 comments:

  1. DROP DEAD GORGEOUS! Your MERMAIDS Book is enchantingly FINtastic Nan, I love every single page and your binding works perfectly...there's no wrong way to bind a book so you do you ;0) Thanks so much for using my FantaSea Collection and playing in LeighSBDesigns May Challenge!
    Happy Creating!
    Leigh
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    https://www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
    https://www.LeighSBDesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Awesome Nan, love each and everyone! You created Beautifully coloured scenes!

    Thanks for joining in our challenge!
    Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

    ReplyDelete