My Oz....

This is where Wonderland and the land of Oz meet and play and create! Come join in the fun!

Thursday, May 19, 2022

Challenge #5 MerMay at LeighSBDesigns!

I know I say this about every new collection Leigh releases but I am totally smitten by this very new FantaSea Collection!  That brings us to Challenge #5 at LeighSBDesigns.....MerMay!  Here is my crafty bit using Bastet Catfish Fantasea Pet plue senti , another senti from the FantaSea Senties Set of 6 sentimentsthe SVG Cutz Mermaid Scales Horizontal Slimline Card Kit and elements from the Egyptian Elements Florals and Column Set!

I started with a black card base and insert/front and added the mermaid scales I had cut with the Cricut from cardstock I had painted with acrylic paint in mixes of phthalo blue and titanium white.  I added the scales with glue.  I colored Bastet the Catfish with colored pencils and used the florals from the Egyptian Elements set.  I fussy cut the lot of them and popped Bastet up on foam dots and glued the rest to the card leaving the flowers loose to give some dimension.  I inked the edges of the sentiment that came with Bastet and adhered with foam squares.  


I added some of the light blue scales to frame the dark blue insert that I cut.  The sentiment is inked with Distress Inks and I added some gold floral bits to the corners of both senties!  The inside senti is on foam squares, too.  It adds some bulk to the card but I am fine with that!  I chose Bastet to play with first because I LOVE fried catfish!!  Bastet is too adorable to eat so no worries there!😜  So off he swims to join Challenge #5 MerMay at LeighSBDesigns and all the details and linky party are HERE!

I am entering (just for fun coz I have announcement in June!) Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenge for May and the theme is Mermaids and LeighSBDesigns is the sponsor!








3 comments:

  1. Awesome Nan, love the scene you created!

    Thanks for joining in our challenge!
    Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bastet is looking so adorable on your stunning horizontal slimline card Nan!!! Mermazing painted scales and the large senti inside is fabulous! Thanks so much for using LeighSBDesigns new FantaSea Collection and playing in our MerMay Challenge!
    Happy Creating!
    Leigh
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    https://www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
    https://www.LeighSBDesigns.com

    ReplyDelete