My Oz....

This is where Wonderland and the land of Oz meet and play and create! Come join in the fun!

Sunday, December 13, 2020

December 13th Tis the Season Blog Hop

Today is my late parent's 61st wedding anniversary 💖💕 and I just wanted to mark the day here on my blog.  I always asked them why the 13th!!! for a wedding and they simply said Daddy could get off of work on that day so the 13th and a Friday no less it was!  That has always taught me the lesson of not believing in superstition...but I will create using that theme cause it is fun!  I bought a Christmas cactus for their anniversary because we always had one or two or three in both our houses and sadly, I had neglected all of them and had none.  So now we have these little beauty!  

The cute trio flying through the snow was on my clipboard (real one, I don't know how to use a computer one 😋) since the summer and I cannot remember who the artist is!!  If you know would you leave that info in the comments below?  Just some simple colored pencil coloring and some papers from a mini set I bought years ago and all done!  And those gardening friends out there may notice I haven't repotted the plant yet...that is cause I wanted to see it bloom one time before I subject it to my green??? thumb!
And last of all, I painted this painting in acrylics in 2017 in memory of my parents, who both passed away in 2016.  It is from a tutorial by the awesome artist Ginger Cook on  Youtube.  I personalized it with the sign "P & J's Store" for my Daddy and Mama, Pat and Joe.  I won't apologize for being as old as I am and saying mama and daddy cause I am a southern belle and that's how we do it.  I added my name on another sign.  It was really a part of my healing process and though not perfect at all I do treasure it!  We used to travel little backroads enjoying the sights like little stores and antique or junk shops!

Way toooooo long a post so I am off to link up at Leigh's Tis the Season Blog Hop!

To play in the hop & qualify for the prizes please follow the BLOG HOP RULES found HERE with the linky party, too!
The Blog Hop closes at 5 til midnight pacific on Dec 2


 


7 comments:

  1. What a great post!!! Love the trio, I had to enlarge the photo to see the little kitty in her arms... Beautiful blooms on your cactus!. LOVE your tribute to your memories of your parents... I still refer to my father as Daddy too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lyneen! I appreciate you sooo much!

      Delete
  2. Cute Christmas card - but loved reading the story behind the painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful tribute post to your parents Nan and one is never too old to call them mama and daddy, those are their names after all and time will never change that! Absolutely beautiful painting and your card is adorable. Love your Christmas cactus, I have a huge one grown from a single leaf my Mom cut from my Grandad's plant :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely tribute Nan, love your cute card and painting!

    ReplyDelete