My Oz....

This is where Wonderland and the land of Oz meet and play and create! Come join in the fun!

Monday, June 29, 2020

Night Creatures Part 2: Summer Buzz Blog Hop

Click on the link above or HERE to see all the details on the blog hop and then just follow a few simple rules and drop your project off so you can be in the running for some fab prizes from LeighSBDesigns!  I bet you thought I just had one rambling post about the beautiful, summer night creatures where I live and just stopped at the fireflies!  I again don't blame you cause it does sound like something I would do!  But here comes the other side of gorgeous flying creatures and they ain't so gorgeous in my book!  Part 2:  The Mosquitos! 
These guys are made a whole lot cuter by Scribbles Designs!  As they bite and fest on my blood, they look pretty gruesome to me!  I felt driven to express this in art form and where better than a Summer Buzz Blog Hop😆 !   I used two freebies from Scribbles Designs, the Mosquito and Moon and Stars. This piece of cardstock was just lying in a drawer all painted and splattered up nicely!  I glued it to a Dylusions journal page.  The mosquitos are colored with Spectrum Noir markers with the red in their tummies added with candied apple Distress Ink on a qtip.  I used a makeup foam to add fossilized amber Distress Ink on the moon and stars.  The sentiment might look familiar....it appeared on the Oddball Art skull cocktail and the little liquid drops on it reminded me of blood so here it is! Glued them all on the party night sky for a good time!  Have a fabulous, bite-free evening and click HERE!
  

8 comments:

  1. Love that mosquito, great night scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous night scene! Agree mosquitoes are not as nice as Fireflies!

    Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the dreaded mozzies! Great night scene though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these mosquitos - will have to check out all the freebies from Scribbles!!
    Love the background and the scene you have created!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YIKES... Mosquitoes!!! Love when a piece of paper is just waiting to be used! Great images for the night flight of the mosquito swarm! Super summer make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The magic appearing paper is a fabulous moment isn't it? LOL Thanks!

      Delete
  6. Bwahahahaha! This is a riot of cuteness of the nightmare kind! Love these guys! Yep, these beasties love feasting on me too!

    ReplyDelete