My Oz....

This is where Wonderland and the land of Oz meet and play and create! Come join in the fun!

Saturday, June 11, 2022

Journey into the Abita Springs Mystery House!

Noah tracked down this really cool mystery house in Abita Springs, Louisiana and we had to take a photography adventure there!  It is a curated collection of weird, odd and definitely things made in southeastern Louisiana!  When I say curated it is not the same as in an art museum but more than three lifetimes of hoarding anything that had an eye catching name, look or mystery about it!  I took a lot of photos on my iPhone and so did Noel and Noah was shooting film on a camera he had just gotten from Japan.  I decided to do a bit of arty type photography along with tons of pictures of the kids.

This one caught my eye because I could see myself happily painting and creating in this studio minus just a tad of the collections!  Bear in mind a lot of the signage is only meaningful to us down here.  This next one I really liked!
And yes my son made repeated remarks about the mystery house and my "collections" were a lot of hoarding going on!🙉  All in all we had a really good time with the exception of some nasty mosquitoes in the low lying area that were feasting on us!  Here are two of the oddity pieces and the kids!

This was a departure from my crafty side blog but I can see future projects in each photo!  And remember...They are among us!👽






 

2 comments:

  1. Love all the pics and sounds like you had a great time except for the mosquitoes
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL for sure, Carol! Thanks for stopping by! xx

    ReplyDelete