My Oz....

This is where Wonderland and the land of Oz meet and play and create! Come join in the fun!

Sunday, March 14, 2021

Ike's World Challenges #142 Anything Goes/Monochrome

 Hi ya!  It's the middle of March already???  Time is simply scampering away so quickly for me!  Anyhoo, let's check out Ike's World Challenges #142 Anything Goes/Monochrome!  I am obsessing over cherry blossom season this year.  We had planned on going to Japan again last March but I need say no more than that on that subject!  So I am virtually experiencing Japan and creating along those lines.  I used the cherry blossom image from Ike's Japan World Tour Series.

The sentiment is one of the words for cherry blossom in Japanese, sakura no hana.  Hanami parties or cherry blossom viewing parties are held in Japan during normal times.  Friends and families gather and have picnics while enjoying the gorgeous cherry blossoms.  
I finally ordered some Copic markers that were lost in shipment during the blizzards of last month but thanks to the company reshipping my order they arrived today.  I ordered rather randomly using the color blend charts at Kit and Clowder to get a basic set of colors.  After tearing open the package with glee, I started playing with them and can see why they are used by so many people.  The brush nib is such a delight after using the bullet nibs for so long.  So I colored up the cherry blossoms using the Copics and used some grays from some of my other sets.   I inked the edges with tumbled glass Distress Oxide and layered on some cardstock.  The die cuts are from my stash of paper pads.
I do hope you will join us at Ike's World Challenges #142 this month!  Have a go at the monochrome theme or as always you can play Anything Goes!   Check out the fabulous Ike's Art, too!  See you there!



No comments:

Post a Comment