My Oz....

This is where Wonderland and the land of Oz meet and play and create! Come join in the fun!

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Metal Magic at Rick St. Dennis Digi Fans and Friends

New challenge on the Facebook page at Rick St. Dennis and you can enter HERE!  The theme is "Metal Magic" add some faux or real metal or color a part of the image as if it were metal.  You know you have gone beyond the point of sanity when you see a plastic fork at a barbeque joint that looks just like metal and you take one even though you don't need it!  I saw this fork and it was ok whatever I do has to have this in it :)  I wanted a "Kitchen is closed" sign but my metal stamping kit was misplaced during the move to the loft and some pieces had vanished so alas the kitchen is open.
 I had also just gotten a book on mini quilts and I love incorporating sewing in my projects but never seem to do it so another element that had to be there.  Put it all together and I have a mini quilt kitchen hanging that I love the image on!  He is "Kitchen Robot Too, 2015" and so darn cute!



He is colored with Prisma colored pencils and the metal plate is from a soda can with some black acrylic paint to try to make the letters show up a bit more.  Then two screw heads glued on to attach to the 3 layers.

I hope to see your take on this theme in our challenge folder at the above link soon!  And below are some links you will enjoy shopping at and looking at :)

No comments:

Post a Comment