My Oz....

This is where Wonderland and the land of Oz meet and play and create! Come join in the fun!

Monday, August 3, 2015

It's August It's Hot and It's Time for Our "Three of a Kind" Challenge at Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog

Wow! is it hot or what?  Well, maybe not for a lot of you but here in South Mississippi it is sweltering!  I know some of my friends are having winter right now!  Such a wonderful world we live in!  The theme for Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog this month is "Three of a Kind" and while looking for images new to me at the Dragon's Lair Designs Store for a game on our Fan Group Facebook page I found a lovely digital stamp "Family Photo".  It was a lovely family of Janette's precious dragons!  What better image for three of a kind!  I also found a bright, wonderful "Rainbow Kit" of papers to use with this image and the summer theme we are using at Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog.


I made two cute flowers by taking two strips of the striped paper and cutting along one edge "fringing" it and then rolling on a pencil to make a flower.  I slide it off the pencil and glued the end then pushed the petals down and shaped them up.  Beads were glued in the centers.  The green rose shaped flower was a spiral cut from some green paper from the kit and rolled up on a pencil.  I colored the edges and undersides with a green distress marker.  A green bead formed its center, also.  Other embellishments were some flower stickers, a three heart applique, purple plastic bead, and the sentiment tag.  I made it by cutting a square out of yellow paper to place like a diamond shape.  I took stickers from Tim Holtz's Chitchat pad and layered onto the striped paper.  After gluing them to the diamond I added 2 small flower stickers to each side. Then I attached it to the corner of the "family" photo.  And that was it!  So many things to do with the awesome paper kits from our store!

Please like our Facebook Page and visit our sister sites listed below! 


No comments:

Post a Comment