My Oz....

This is where Wonderland and the land of Oz meet and play and create! Come join in the fun!

Sunday, November 28, 2021

The Outlawz Challenges Design Team!

This is my first post for the Outlawz Challenge’s Sunday Songs and Rhymes as a design team member!  I am super excited to be a part of the team!  This one is following inspiration from “Autumn” by Henry Behn.  I used two images by Makenna Kroulik combining them in Procreate.

I have been looking at some gorgeous red leaves that have fallen from some trees along the horse yard when I go out to feed her.  My back has been totally out of whack for almost two weeks so today was the first day I could actually bend over to pick some of them up!  The reds had faded quiet a bit but still oh so beautiful to me!  So in a vain attempt to hold on to the beauty and wonder of this season I glued some on some watercolor paper I had smushed a lot of Distress Inks sprayed with water on.  I added a coat of clear gesso just to the leaves and inked the edge with more Distress Ink.  When it was relatively dry (!) I popped it on foam dots to add to the back layer.  The fabulous designs by Makenna were colored with Copics and the panel edged with carved pumpkin Distress Ink.  I made the sentiment in Photoshop and printed it in deep orange and layered onto cardstock.  The image and sentiment were layered on the leaves with foam tape.  I hope you will come play the challenge with us at the Outlawz Sunday Song and Rhymes Challenge!  It will run through Dec. 11th!





No comments:

Post a Comment