My Oz....

This is where Wonderland and the land of Oz meet and play and create! Come join in the fun!

Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Nov. 10th 'Tis the Season Blog Hop with LeighSBDesigns

 And we are off on another two month long blog hop with LeighSBDesigns as our fabulous hostess!  So a brief recap of the last few days of October for me!  A hurricane hit us smack on and while power was being restored the next day my daughter got the results of her Covid-19 tests which was positive!  The Monday prior to this I had a biopsy at the dermatologists and she was not happy with the looks of the thing.  Happily I got the results of the biopsy today and it was benign!  To say I didn't get to have a very jolly Halloween would be safe to say!  Also, I am happy to say Noel has done well compared to so very many people who have had this nasty thing!  Her symptoms were on the milder side although she has been a very miserable and lonely dear.  She has been quarantined in her apartment outside my back door.  No, I didn't toss her out....she lives in the apartment my parents lived in at my house.  Thought I might need to make that clear!  I am going to craft all my nervous energy into this blog hop!

I drew this very simple sketch after watching a video by Nianiani's of watercolor Christmas cards.  I just used art journal paper for this cos I lost my watercolor paper and Arteza watercolors.  The quote from Charlie Brown's Christmas seemed to fit.  I have a little fake tree like the poor little one in the movie and it has a big red ornament on it.  I sketched the ornament and lights and had it all painted when I thought about the quote.

Welcome one and all to our fun 'Tis the Season "stay crafty @ home" Blog Hop to help keep your spirits high, creatively inspired and busy while celebrating the season safe at home during this terrible pandemic!  This is a 2 month long hop to celebrate Fall/Autumn, Winter, Christmas and Craftmas and the hop ends December 20 at 11:55pm pacific!   Click HERE for the rules and linky! 😊

 


10 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you lost your watercolor paper and Arteza watercolors. You journal page is beautiful!!! Love the simplicity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know me, Lyneen! I would literally loose my head if it wasn't so stubbornly attached to my shoulders! :) Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Love your water colour!
    Hope your daughter is recovered now... Pleased to hear your biopsy was good...
    This is such a difficult time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan! I shouldn't complain or whine but I do! I am just so glad Noel didn't have a severe case of the stuff!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful bauble and lights! Pleased to hear your result was a good one and your daughter is not too bad! Leigh has had a few MRI recently the last one on her right wrist when she heard it ‘snap’ and lost use of it...so its all bound up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor thing! It is no fun loosing ones wrist movement! Hoping all resolves soon for Leigh! Thanks for stopping by, Val!

      Delete
  4. Such a great painting :-)
    Not such a good October for you then but I am glad that everything sorted itself out in the end. I hope your daughter is feeling very much better now xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was actually one of the better October's we have had! :) If anything happens earth shattering it does so in October but I really can't and shouldn't complain! Thanks for stopping by, sweetie! Hope things are going ok for you right now! Thinking about you! xx

      Delete
  5. A beautiful and whimsical festive painting Nan, I love it! So sorry to hear about everything that hit you and your family, here's to November treating you better! Stay very safe!!!!

    Thanks for joining in on the 'Tis the Season Blog Hop!
    Stay Safe!
    Leigh
    www.LeighSBDesigns.com
    www.etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leigh! You better be resting that wrist you will be in the naughty seat! :)

      Delete