My Oz....

This is where Wonderland and the land of Oz meet and play and create! Come join in the fun!

Sunday, September 1, 2024

Outlawz Progressive/Freebie Challenge for September!

A big thank you to Sandra for the delightful image we are all receiving for September!  Mandalas are always a bit challenging to me but just in time Jennifer Maker posted a video on YouTube about just about all things mandala and a Cricut!  Since my Cricut and I have a relationship that I can't really rely on in a pinch especially adding a design into Design Space for cutting....I took inspiration and played a bit with it!  Jennifer had three absolutely stunning shadowboxes with a mandala as the focus.   I thought this lovely mandala for this month would make a lovely setting sun without too many layers or design sense and hence my slimline sunset card was born!

I colored the image with alcohol markers and fussy cut out.  I made my slimline card base with yellow cardstock and attached a flap up of green cardstock to make my horizon line and attach my pink mountains (yep, they are mountains!) and my tree layer on top of that (yup, those are trees!)  Okay...you might have to use your imagination and squint kinda to see my trees and snow drift mountains but that's what art is all about! 😋  I made my sentiment tag using a freebie stamp set from a crafting magazine and inked my edges with Distress Inks!  Now come on and show us your crafting goodies using this wonderful image at The Outlawz Progressive/Freebie Challenge for September!


 

1 comment: